NOTICE:

This blog will be closing down as of November 1st 2015.

All posts will be moved to my tumblr page:
AshleyAnneReadsThings.com

Please follow me there!

Also, my email address has changed to

ashley@ashleyannereadsthings.com

Thanks lovelies!

~Ashley

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Schasm- REVIEW

Schasm

By Shari J. Ryan
Published: January 22nd 2014 by Tycon Books




Publisher Description:

What happens when two worlds collide? Chloe Valcourt drifts between two worlds: the dark reality of her horrible parents and doctors versus the vivid fantasy of her imagination. A chance encounter with a handsome and vaguely familiar young man in her dream world hints at the possibility of hidden truths—and a life she can’t remember. As her drifts become a greater escape from the cruelty of the real world, Chloe finds herself lost between what is real and what is imagined, questioning her very existence. Can she remain in the lush new imagined landscape to find happiness in a realm of her own invention? Is she doomed to return to the harsh reality of the outside world forever? Or will she become trapped somewhere between the two…unable to return to either? A thriller guaranteed to make your mind spin, Schasm is a young adult novel destined to change how you view the power of your mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received a copy of this ebook from the author for review. This does not effect my opinion of this book. 

My thoughts:

I loved this book. From the very first scene Shari grabbed my attention and I couldn't stop reading. What is real and what is just a fantasy seems to blur continuously and it keeps me intrigued. I felt like I was right there with Chloe experiencing everything that she was. I was rooting for her and Alex, hoping that their relationship was real. 

The end of the book left me a little confused but excited to read the next book. I find the whole idea surrounding 'drifting' interesting. Who doesn't want to imagine they are somewhere else? But to be able to physically interact during those 'drifting' episodes make that much better. The mind is an amazing thing and I believe Shari explored a side of mental health  that people don't have the courage to undertake. 

I look forward to reading Fissure Free(Book#2) and When Fully Fussed (Book#3)in this series. 
4 Coffee Cup Stars
Finished September 17th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment