NOTICE:

This blog will be closing down as of November 1st 2015.

All posts will be moved to my tumblr page:
AshleyAnneReadsThings.com

Please follow me there!

Also, my email address has changed to

ashley@ashleyannereadsthings.com

Thanks lovelies!

~Ashley

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Legacy Code: REVIEW

Legacy Code

By Autumn Kalquist

Published: July 30th 2014 by Diapason Publishing

ebook, 218 pages




Publisher Description:

The last humans fled a dying Earth 300 years ago, but there was something they couldn't leave behind: the Legacy Code. Every colonist in the fleet carries mangled genes that damage the unborn, and half of all pregnancies must be terminated.

The day Era Corinth is supposed to find out if her baby has the Defect, her ship suffers a hull breach. And it may not have been an accident. As the investigation unfolds, Era begins to question everything she’s been taught about the fleet, their search for a new Earth, and the Defect. But the answers she seeks were never meant to be found...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My thoughts: 

From the very first time I read the blurb for Legacy Code I was intrigued. I picked up Defect #1 on Amazon before purchasing this, read it quickly, and KNEW I had to get Autumns first complete novel Legacy Code. Knowing that Defect #1 took place hundreds of years before Legacy Code was fascinating. While starting Legacy Code I immediately recognized a couple of elements that I loved that were similar to a couple of TV shows that I love and currently watch.

Being 'airlocked' after committing a crime or treason is similar to what happens in The 100.
Being part of a 'lottery' to have the opportunity to get pregnant is similar to what
happens in The Lottery.
"I've never been defiant about anything." ||  "I won't go through with the abortion."
I love how Era not only stood up for herself and what she wanted/believed in but for every female on the Paragon. AND she is ONLY 17 ! I loved that Era and Ditran's love was completely genuine. They weren't forcefully paired together (as in some similar books) and showed they loved each other without having to verbally say it. 

I'm not much of a sci-fi reader, but Autumn has grabbed my attention with this (and Defect #1). It is fast-paced and a very easy read.  

4 Stars for the great writing and story but the ending made me MAD! At least she will have me reading Paragon when it comes out to see what happens! 
4 Coffee Cup Stars
Finished September 8, 2014

 

No comments:

Post a Comment